ROAD TRANSPORT COORDINATORS - RECRUITING NOW
Arriva Trains Road Transport Section are looking to recruit Road Transport Co-ordinators in all areas of the Country to support their Rail Replacement and Event services.
The Arriva Road Transport Section is part of Arriva UK Trains, which operates services across the UK (These include Northern, Cross Country, Grand Central, Chiltern Railways and Arriva Rail London). We deliver road transport services for these companies (as well as third parties who contract us to deliver road transport solutions, including Transport for Wales) and as part of this have a pool of road transport co-ordinators who help to deliver these services ‘on the ground’.
Have you ever experienced disruption to your train service and had to transfer to a replacement bus service instead? We are looking to recruit people who can make this process run as smoothly as possible. You will work from a variety of key train stations, providing customer service to our passengers and ensuring that this replacement service operates exactly as planned.
You will help passengers with their queries, making sure that they get onto the right bus with the minimum of inconvenience, provide good communication to all key contacts and ensure that the bus service arrives and departs on time.
Ideally, you would have worked in a customer service environment, have a basic understanding of the Railway operations, be flexible and someone who can think on their feet. You should have good written and oral communication skills.
You will work predominantly at weekends, approx. 8-12 hours per shift.
- General management and overseeing of the replacement service
• Ensure drivers and vehicles meet our required standards
• Ensure journeys arrive and depart on time
• Ensure connections with appropriate train services
• Attempt to ensure that passengers are on the right vehicles
• Adjust the replacement service to take into account any changes in circumstances (i.e. Delays to train services, traffic delays, road works, accidents etc.)
• Deal with any service failures and make use of standby resource or adjust the service accordingly
• Ensure a smooth train - bus - train transition process for our passengers
• Provide information and assistance to passengers, where required
• Help maintain a safe transfer and pick up/set down area
• Undertake passenger counts, where requested
• Communicate all problems likely to affect passengers to the relevant TOC control centre and work with the control staff to overcome any problems.
• Act as the key point of contact with Company staff in relation to the replacement service
• Record all service incidents and provide after the event feedback to the Road Transport Team so that any issues can be taken up with the appropriate operator on the Monday after each weekend replacement service.
- Good communication and customer service skills
• Previous bus/coach service control, supervision and/or management experience
• An understanding of the basic workings of a railway operations (stations and trains)
• A basic understanding of coach/bus drivers hours' regulations (full details would be given in the controllers welcome pack)
• A realistic attitude to service provision
• Able to cope well under pressure
• A quick thinker who can make and effect changes to their operation as the businesses needs dictate
• The ability to read a timetable and map
• A reasonable knowledge of the local land geography and railway network for the location/s they are working would be an advantage but won't be essential as maps and details would be provided on a job by job basis
Download Co-ordinator application form Download Co-ordinator job description